Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 23.10.2012, 12:49   #19
fialka
Местный

Спасибо 1 в 1 посте

Volume 5, Issue 42 October 18, 2012
Don’t let radiation therapy
destroy your mouth
Conventional treatment for cancer of the throat, tongue, or neck is radiation. Everyone knows radiation has side effects. But treating this area with radiation causes real problems. Two of the common side effects are inflammation and ulcers occurring on the inside of the mouth. The technical $10 term for this problem is oral mucositis. Regardless of what you call it, it’s very irritating. The good news is that there’s a safe, easy, natural, and inexpensive way to keep this to a minimum. It’s called glutamine.
Glutamine is an amino acid that’s critical in the repair processes of the body. When you have damaged tissue, your body uses glutamine to repair and replace the tissue. Some studies have shown that patients with cancer are frequently deficient in glutamine. They just can’t get enough. I find that this is almost always the case. So I routinely supplement my patients with glutamine. It helps them maintain their weight and heal faster. It makes sense that it might aid the body to repair the damage that happens to the mouth and gums during radiation therapy.
Researchers at the Department of Radiation Oncology at Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan looked at 17 patients who were getting radiation therapy in the head and neck area. They told half of the patients to rinse their mouths four times a day with a solution of glutamine. The solution consisted of 16 grams of glutamine in 240 ml of normal saline. They gave the other half a placebo solution.
It turned out that the glutamine solution worked pretty well. The oral mucositis was about half as severe in those who used it. And it also cleared up faster. I wish that the study had also given the patients glutamine to take internally as a supplement. I’m sure it would have been even more effective. Oral glutamine works well all by itself. The usual dose that I give to adults is 4-6 grams per day.
Finding your Real Cures,
Frank Shallenberger, MD

Here's what I recommend...
Normally, inflammation is a healthy immune response to injury, illness, or infection. When healing is complete, the process should shut down ...
...But sometimes it doesn't.
When inflammation fires and flare-ups burn out of control, trouble follows. Trouble that could take a toll on the rest of your body!
For years, I've told my patients and readers that lowering inflammation is one of the most important things you can do for overall health.
The thing is, health problems caused by inflammation overrun don't just happen overnight. They can lie hidden for years until one day the fire becomes too hot and bursts into flame. That's when you start feeling joint aches, muscle tenderness, swelling, and other symptoms.
So it makes sense that if you extinguish inflammation at its source, not only will you keep your joints flexible and ache-free - your overall health can improve, too.
How to Cool Down Inflammation Overrun — Quickly and Naturally
You probably already know that you should stop smoking, drink only in moderation, avoid sugars, and cut back on red meat. All those things are like throwing gasoline on inflammatory fires. Instead, eat more yogurt, fish and green leafy vegetables. These "cooling foods" help boost your body's production of a natural anti-inflammatory prostaglandin called PGE-1.
Stress and lack of sleep can contribute to inflammation flare-ups too. So you should get enough rest and try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
Here's an Easier, Better Solution...
A lot of my readers tell me they've tried everything and still have problems. That's why I've recommended herbal supplements that help reduce inflammation. Not only do they help snuff out inflammation at the source, they're usually safer and kinder on your GI system than conventional remedies.
A couple of these natural products do a pretty decent job of easing inflammation overrun. But whenever a new product is introduced, imitators quickly appear. Some of them are inferior.
For instance, they may contain a similar blend of "cooling" herbs, but they aren't in the potencies and levels I find to be most effective. They use what I call the "dry martini" approach — adding ingredients in such meager quantities that it's little more than "window dressing" on the product label.
One leading formula, for example, proudly lists that it contains 10 mg of resveratrol. True, resveratrol does support healthy inflammation response — but not in that tiny amount!
Not only that, some formulas contain as much as 10 mg of caffeine. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it's enough to keep you awake at night if you take it close to bedtime.
Plus, None of Them Contain a New Discovery
That's Essential If You Want Genuine Relief!
It's one of the lesser-known herbs in Western medicine — but it's been used by China for thousands of years to help cool down inflammatory fires and promote the healing process.
And today, scientists are taking a closer look. Because new studies confirm it can help stop inflammation overload in its tracks.
Why? Because research shows it can quickly reduce and stop the destructive action of COX-1, COX-2, and the elusive 5-LOX enzyme — the three biggest contributors to inflammatory response in your body.
Not only that, it can even help support healthier circulation ... improve blood flow to the brain ... and even protect your stomach and liver from the damage caused by over-the-counter NSAIDS and other remedies.
As a result, it helps manage healthy inflammatory responses in your entire body, too.
Best of all, this nutrient is safe, fast-acting, inexpensive — and seems to get results for just about everyone who tries it, no matter what their age.

What is This Remarkable New Discovery for Taming Inflammation?
It's Celery seed. You know it as a spice that's often used in salads. But it's also an abundant source of a compound called 3-n-butylphthalide — or 3-n-B for short. It's the ingredient that gives celery its characteristic flavor and odor.

Why is 3-n-B such a powerful inflammation fighter? For one thing, it lowers the levels of uric acid in the bloodstream. Too much uric acid tends to crystallize in the joints. That's when you begin to feel stiffness in fingers, toes, elbows and other joints.

Последний раз редактировалось fialka; 23.10.2012 в 12:52..
fialka вне форума   Ответить с цитированием